Contact    TexasJCMH    Powered by LawBox   

Sec. 35.002: Temporary Authorization

A person described by Section 35.001 may seek a court order for temporary authorization for care of a child by filing a petition in the district court in the county in which the person resides if:

(1) the child has resided with the person for at least the 30 days preceding the date the petition was filed; and

(2) the person does not have an authorization agreement under Chapter 34 or other signed, written documentation from a parent, conservator, or guardian that enables the person to provide necessary care for the child.


Added by Acts 2017, 85th Leg., R.S., Ch. 334 (H.B. 1043), Sec. 1, eff. June 1, 2017.